|Image credit : janespatisserie.com|
- 275 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 115 g Unsalted Butter
- 55 g Granulated Sugar
- 135 g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 g White Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
- 100 g White Chocolate
- 100 g Milk Chocolate
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
|STRAWBERRY LEMON BLONDIES|
For the Cookie Bars
- Preheat your oven to 190C/170C Fan and line a 9x9inch Square Tin with parchment paper, and leave to the side for now.
- Whisk/Mix the Plain Flour, Bicarbonate, Salt and Cornflour together so its evenly distributed – leave to the side.
- In a larger bowl, melt the butter. Add in the two sugars, and whisk for about 2 minutes so the sugar starts to dissolve and the mixture is smooth. Add in the Egg and the Vanilla, and whisk again briefly till smooth. (I used an electric whisk)
- Add in the Dry Ingredients and the Chocolate Chips and mix with a spatula till a thick cookie dough is formed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the tin. Bake the traybake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, until the top of the cookie bake looks ‘dry’!
- Leave to cool whilst doing the next stages.
For the Caramel
- In a large saucepan pour the Condensed Milk, Unsalted Butter, Sugar, and Golden Syrup and melt on a medium heat till the Sugar has dissolved – stir frequently to stop anything from catching.
- Once the Sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and let the mixture come to boiling point and boil for 5-7 minutes stiring constantly so that the mixture doesn’t catch. BE CAREFUL as the mixture is VERY hot and can burn you if it splashes back!
- The mixture will be ready when it has changed to a slightly darker golden colour, and has thickened to a soft fudge texture!
- Pour the caramel onto the Cookie Bars and leave to set for one-two hours on the side.
|GRANDMA’S BROWNIES #brownies|
For the Chocolate
- Melt your three chocoaltes carefully till smooth – I personally do this in the microwave.
- Drizzle over the caramel in a swirly pattern, or however you fancy, and leave to set fully on the side, or in the fridge.
For more detail janespatisserie.com